Getting Better--
Sorry for the lack of posts--this past week has been a big recovery one for me. After the disappointment of having to go back into the hospital last weekend, I've been slowly on the mend since being discharged Monday. Unfortunately, I was on 2 different antibiotics, one of which gave Caroline some wicked diarrhea and gas, so her little butt is all torn up. But I finished the antibiotics yesterday, and we're both doing much better.

So my tired and achiness of infection has now been replaced by the tiredness of new parenthood and getting up multiple times per night. But the past few nights have been pretty good, with Caroline sleeping 3-4 hours in between feeds, which helps a lot. Although I'm such a heavy sleeper, she's usually really crying by the time I actually hear her.

Let's see--fun Caroline stuff. She loves being sung to, especially with a certain Neil Diamond song. She's making a bunch of new noises and sounds, which is always fun. And of course, loves her daddy, who always seems to be able to quiet her down. Except when she has the hiccups, which is at least 3-4 times per day. Her look of consternation with the hiccups is hilarious.

Mark's dad Jim stopped by for a couple days on his way back from being in Seattle at the end of last week. Yesterday the boys went out and cut down a great Christmas tree for us off of Rabbit Ears Pass, and it looks fantastic in the living room. We haven't had a chance yet to decorate as Mark needed to go and buy more lights for the tree, which he picked up today. It was great to visit with Jim a bit, and it'll be fun when all the Fitz's are back in Steamboat around New Year's. I'm also really looking forward to my mom visiting at Christmas. Good thing we'll have a chance to actually clean up our place a little bit before everyone gets here. Mark is planning on working on putting the wood floors on the stairs next weekend, and my office Christmas party is next weekend as well. Good thing I'm starting to feel so much better.

Sorry if I haven't had the chance to return any phone calls yet--whenever Caroline is sleeping during the day, I try really hard to sleep as well, but I promise to start calling people this week--thanks again to everyone for their good wishes!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Dana!! And the pictures are SO cute!!!! she is so little. Happy decorating!

posted at 5:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear everyone is feeling better. She is so cute (but you knew that already!) Enjoy your first few months together, it goes by so fast!

posted at 8:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so glad to hear you and Caroline are doing better. We've been thinking about you a lot. Expect a package soon.

posted at 4:50 AM

 
Blogger Pablo said...

Fantastic news that you are doing so much better!! You look so happy with the baby! :)

Couldn't be happier for you guys!

posted at 9:52 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love "Coming to America" by Neal Diamond as well! Oh wait, you probably mean the other song. You'll have to start watching home Sox games, they sing it every seventh inning. Glad to hear you're doing better.

posted at 11:19 AM

 
Blogger Dana said...

I totally meant Coming to America. Who doesn't love that song? :)

posted at 12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy that you are feeling better, now you can enjoy Caroline!

Damn you all, I am now singing various Neil Diamond songs after reading these comments!

posted at 6:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME that you're home and doing better! Caroline is adorable and you gotta love the jaundice tan:) It's like she just blew in from the Bahamas while the rest of us are winter butt white! I love the photo with grandpa - she looks like a little peanut, for sure. And Mark, sorry to tell ya, but the tired thing? It lasts awhile - ours is almost one and we're still dealing with that. The good news is that you just start to adjust, but I think it has long-term effects on memory . . . I can get stuff done if I can remember what I was supposed to do . . .

posted at 8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home