Long time no update! [Updated]

So it's been a while since I updated. I wrote another at work on Monday but then took Tuesday off to help out around the house. This morning (Wednesday), I updated the Monday post, but then work called me away from my desk and instead of returning to it I just came home instead.

So, I've put Caroline down twice now and she woke up again, so I'm typing this all one-handed. Which really sucks, but oh well.

I'll update this from work tomorrow with a cut and paste below.

Oh! I fixed Billy Kidd's computer today. And met him. And snowboarded at lunch today. booya.

Work update
--Weekend report--
(Originally written Monday)
So I didn't get any work on the house done this weekend (with the exception of finally getting the tree trimmed, finishing wrapping most of the presents, and cleaning up the crap that's been living in the living room). And the good and bad news is, there is virtually no way for me to get done what I wanted to before our company gets here. The good news is: Dana's mom is coming early to share Christmas with us and help out around the house. The bad news is, I now have ZERO weekends left to finish the house. So hopefully Carol can tolerate me working on the house a little while she's around. Certainly it should be much easier to GET work done with an extra pair of hands to watch the baby. Also, Dana and I asked for a 'date night' as a gift from Carol, since we haven't been out alone since before little Caroline joined us. So: early visitor also = instant babysitter. :)

Speaking of bittersweet, I have another daycare check to drop off this week. Merry Christmas to our provider.

Also also, as if I haven't missed enough work lately, I have been summoned (summonsed?) for Jury Duty in the middle of January. And: "In colorado there are no occupational, economic or age-related exemptions from jury service," but that's OK because I kind of relish the idea of participating. Most likely, though, it'll be some lame case, but that's OK too. I've never had to do jury duty before - it should be interesting.

-second day's posting-
And, speaking of missing work, I took yesterday (Tuesday) off just to help out around home a little. Stress levels are high and there's so much to do that it all got a little overwhelming. But all is good. And extra-special bonus, it's snowing today (Wednesday), so come hell or high water (please, no high water) I'll be going out again for lunch today. Things are sure to get a lot more crowded after this weekend (our busiest time of the year is XMas-NYE), so getting some quality time out now is a big priority. Also, when Carol is here Dana and I will probably be sneaking away from teh baby for a little bit for a few quick runs.

Oh, and our baby should be dubbed: destroyer of diapers. The blowouts she's had in the last couple days have been simply astounding. Sorry, no pictures.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

So sweet! Happy one month, Caroline! Can you believe that already a whole month has passed?

posted at 6:50 AM

 
Blogger Pablo said...

Ah... but there are always pictures! One just needs to know where to look!

Sounds like things are getting a bit nutty! I'm right there with ya - I've got a month of work to prepare everybody for when I'm gone, and I'm way behind. I'm on a plane a week from today - and I have no idea how to even pack! Uggh...

Oh... and something about a holiday and gift giving?? Does that mean I have to shop too??

posted at 10:47 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

You can keep the pictures of the blowouts, but keep the rest of the Caroline pictures coming. She is so freakin' cute. Amazing how fast they grow, she's so little! Miss you....oh and I'm waiting to make travel plans until after I get test results. Hopefully, I can be free to make travel plans soon :) Miss you!!

posted at 9:40 AM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

My mom knew Billy Kidd when she was growing up in Vermont, so basically I know him better than you do.

A month already...that's just crazy. Be prepared for time to just absolutely fly by.

posted at 7:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home