Mark update post..

Since we haven't been posting much lately, I decided to compile notes at work and bring them home (I have a little USB drive that I bring back and forth) to post later. So here goes.

Things have been subtly crazy lately. I say 'subtly crazy' as things don't seem outright crazy, but I realize that I'm really tired and have no energy to do anything after a day at work. Dad and I went out to cut down a Christmas tree this past weekend and after getting home didn't have energy to do anything (but drink lots and lots of wine, natch). And Sunday was a complete bust. I was going to trim the tree and get some other stuff done, but the only productive thing I was able to manage was fixing this thing in our garage that had been leaking water and snowblowing our driveway. The problem is, when I have energy (and desire) to do something, it's my turn to watch Caroline. And after I'm done, the desire to be productive has left me. This doesn't bode well for my plans to get working on the steps this weekend... I'd also love to surprise our parents and get the doors re-hung, but I really do think the bannister isn't going to happen until after the holidays, unfortunately. Which will drive my mom nuts, of course. But oh well. As long as nobody falls off our second-floor landing, it will all be OK.

Add to this the fact that I work for a ski resort and haven't been up on the ski mountain yet.. I feel like I'm being a bad employee. So I think I'm going to head up for a couple runs tomorrow at lunch just so I can say I've been up. It would be a shame to not take advantage of the flexibility they give me precisely for this purpose. But at the same time, with Caroline just arriving, there's a lot to do and only so much energy that a guy can draw from in one day. I suppose I'll have to suffer and go snowboarding AND work and care for the baby.... the sacrifices I make.. Anyway, it would be embarassing if Dana gets more skier days than me again this year, so I'm determined to not let that happen.

Some other good news to come out as of late is that I get a locker at the Gondola building - which means, I don't have to cart my board and boots back and forth every time I go to the mountain - I can lock them up there and only have to worry about my coat, gloves etc. I could also leave those, but then the accumulated snow would melt in the locker and make it like a sauna, which would be no good (clearly). I'm stoked about having a locker, it should make things nice and convenient for running to and fro quickly (like on a lunchbreak).

[note] the image was chosen (with one hand) as I'm posting this while holding a fussy Caroline. We can't decipher why she's fussy, but my best guess is that it's my fishy beer breath (sushi for dinner).

4 Comments:

Blogger Pablo said...

Dana, how would you rank the following smells?

Mark's beer and sushi breath
Caroline's antibiotics gas/etc
Steve Gongola

Here's hoping all three never happen at once! :)

Get out on the slopes and shred it up for those of us stuck in icy Chicago! How hard is it to get a locker BTW? Work perk?

posted at 11:05 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

posted at 3:19 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

stupid blogger, not letting me edit _after _ posting

anyhow. next time, make sure she's cringing from something truly cringeworthy. like this

posted at 3:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: lack of energy - there's always crystal meth.

posted at 4:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home