Update
Sorry for the lack of posts, but on top of getting no sleep during the day, D had doctors' appointments pretty much every day last week, and we've been back in the hospital since Friday (it's Sunday as I write this, and hopefully we'll get out tomorrow).

Baby Caroline is fine (as fine as she can be living in a hospital, but I'm sure it makes little difference to her), but D spiked a bit of a fever last Thursday night, and her doctors wanted to nip any possible infection in the bud before it got bad. So to sum up: we're all OK (if tired). D is fighting an infection with IV antibiotics, so the three of us have been staying in the hospital all weekend. I came home to snowblow and nap, but found that our neighbor had already cleared off the drive for us (thanks, Jim!).

So I thought I'd send an update. I had planned to actually get some work on the house done this weekend (stairs!) and call a bunch of people back, but this has set those plans aside for now.

Luckily my mom has been able to extend her trip with us, which has helped out tremendously. At two in the morning when I can't stop the baby from crying, it drowns out everything else in the world, so I'm sure coming home to a sink full of dirty dishes would quite possibly push me over the edge.

Oh, and in the good news department, the dryer alert was a false alarm - everything is working as it should, so we don't need to blow money on THAT, thank the gods.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pablo said...

Wow - sorry to hear the fever flared up again!! Sounds like Dana and I were in the same boat... but wait, I hadn't given birth... ;) Ok - she's got me on that one!! Time and patience - you guys will be back at home in no time!

Tell Dana that all-day BSG marathons do a fever good - thank the gods!

posted at 11:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing is halfway with you guys - I'm really sorry you're all living in the hospital again! I did want to tell you that I think Caroline's little smiles are adorable in the pics! Update us when you can!

posted at 11:25 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

UPDATE WE ARE HOME! Well, Caroline and Dana are anyway. I'm back at work. And it's a good thing, too - I just dropped off our second daycare payment (first one was made the day before Caroline was born). Blech.

posted at 12:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you guys are having it so rough. I'm sending incredibly good vibes that you all will be home shortly ~~~~~~~~ <-- Vibes

You guys are in our thoughts. I love looking at little Caroline's pictures. It reminds me of Sara's first days. I can't wait until they're old enough to meet and play together!

Take care, - Daniel (and Amy and Sara and Sadie)

posted at 1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that Dana and Caroline are home! I will be thinking of all three of you!!

posted at 1:54 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

As far as a sink full of dirty dishes go...I have 2 words for you...paper plates.

Glad to hear the fam is back home. Happy Holidays.

posted at 2:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for being home!! Hope Dana is feeling much better!

posted at 5:27 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Glad to hear you are back home. When you get a chance I have a little something for Caroline. Will you email me your address? I still have the old one.
-Amy

posted at 11:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're home. Please email me your new address (grilliotme@hotmail.com)when you get a chance. We want to send something to little Caroline! Love, Meghan

posted at 12:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home