Work update (from two days ago)
So, I'm not as good about updating via the USB drive. But you get it eventually.. Here goes..


First on mountain day of the season

...and certainly not the last.

It wasn't bad out. I left my office at a little before 11:30 and was back by 12:45, so I could have squeezed in a couple more runs if I had known better (and had lunch waiting for me back at the office, instead of having to go get it). Things to remember for next time.

Anyway, I also had to navigate (for the first time) my way through the locker room. Since I'm a big shot employee now, I have my own locker in the gondola building to store my crap, but since I hadn't been on the mountain yet I still had to lug all my crap with me. Now my board, boots, helmet and goggles are living in the locker, so the only thing I'll have to bring with me next time is my pass and my booty. Let me tell you, that's going to be very convenient.

So after getting dressed I took a trip up the gondy and down Vagabond through the maze of trails that then lead you down to the base, and then hopped on the new Christie Peak lift (which replaced Christie 1-3 lifts this offseason) to the top of its length, then down from there.

In retrospect, I should have either gone up the gondy twice, or gondy to storm peak, and then downloaded. I think I'll time myself to see if it's quicker to download or to ride down. I suspect it will be pretty similar, actually.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to the Post Office and then a Grocery Store at lunch.
You Mr.Dr.MrsFitz go up a gondola lift snow ski and then a high speed quad lift ski down the whole mountian THEN back to work?

Pablo is right - you DO suck!

- LeeChee

posted at 12:23 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Actually, the new Christie is a high-speed 6-man lift. And I rode it alone. Tons of room!!

posted at 9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home