TEN POUNDER!
So we're still trying to catch the ear to ear smile. Caroline is back to being her happy self in the mornings again. She's been a bit cranky for the past couple days following her shots. But I think we've got our kid back, finally!

So yeah, Caroline did GREAT at her two month check up on Wednesday, biggest news being that she now TEN POUNDS! That's still only around the 35th percentile or so, but considering she used to be at the 3rd percentile, my baby is proving she sure loves the breastmilk. She actually did really well with her three shots plus an oral vaccine, cried for a little bit, but was fine by the time we got her back in her carseat to leave. It was later that night that was insane. So I ended up running some errands after her appointment because she was sleeping so well, and then when I got home we ate, and she fell asleep on my chest that afternoon. Every now and then, she would wake up and start to cry, but I'd just shush her and she'd fall right back to sleep--we had some great cuddle time. But then around 4:30, holy crap, did she ever wake up and start SCREAMING. I mean, top of her lungs, blood curdling cries. So I gave her some more Tylenol, but by the time it really kicked in she had herself so worked up that the inertia of her freak out was already out of control. Mark got home and took over at 5:30, and finally by 6:30, after a solid two hours of this, she calmed down enough to eat and then we had her asleep in her crib by 7. Mark and I were so worn out by the end of this--good thing one beer gets me all warm and fuzzy and relaxed, since I can't really drink much more than that these days. She was OK that night, but just hasn't been her happy smiling self until today. It's nice having that back!

Speaking of happy smiling baby, the night before her appointment, Mark got home and took over for a bit, and had Caroline on the changing table in the nursery. I was in the bathroom when all of a sudden I hear him yelling at the top of his lungs for me to get in there. I was TERRIFIED that Caroline had fallen off the changing table or something like that, but was relieved to get in there, and see Mark blow a huge raspberry on her belly, and she was laughing! Baby laughs are adorable! And every time he would blow another raspberry, she'd just start laughing and laughing. It was awesome. We've been unable to replicate this, probably because she's WAY young to be laughing that much, but was that ever a blast.

OK, Caroline is starting to fuss and should eat before we meet Daddy for lunch. More updates to come--

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah...I remember that one fine evening by the fire on January 1st. Mark and his raspberries. They too made me laugh.

posted at 2:14 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

She is seriously the cutest baby in the world. That picture rocks.

posted at 4:47 PM

 
Blogger JK said...

That is a great picture, she is just so cute! A laughing baby is the best sound, it's amazing.

posted at 8:37 AM

 
Blogger Pablo said...

cute! get some vid of the laugh when you can!

posted at 6:17 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Right after the raspberry-on-the-belly session, we tried to, but she had had enough. My trying to get her to smile is probably funny enough. I'll post it soon.

posted at 8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home