Weekly update
So, OK. We suck at updating the blog. But give us a break - it was Dana's first week back at work and Caroline's first week at daycare. We're still getting stuff sorted out.
C was a CHAMP at night this week. I think on Monday she went EIGHT hours between her last feed of the evening and her first in the middle of the night, and she repeated that unlikely feat again on Wednesday (or maybe it was Sunday and Tuesday - it's tough to pay attention to little details like what day it is anymore).

The rest of the week, in digest form:
-I had jury duty scheduled for Thursday - but the trial was canceled. Booya.
Umm.
-EPIC snowboarding for me on Saturday. First tracks in a foot and a half of powder. I now can say definitively that when people say when you get face shots and can't breathe, that it's the truth. It was absolutely sick out there, and I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I would be.
-The snowblower broke on Saturday (had to do my chores immediately upon return from the mountain). Today (Sunday) I found the offending part and ordered a replacement ($8 part, 7$ shipping and handling. Highway robbers).
Hopefully it doesn't snow (until we get the part we need). We literally have an 8 or 9 foot pile on either side of our driveway, and the deck is covered up to the rail (as well as the fence in our backyard). I'll take some pics later.
-We have a new "first" tomorrow: a cleaning lady is coming. As a Christmas present for Dana (and, let's face it, me too), I talked to a friend to get their cleaning lady's info. She'll be coming every other week for three hours.

And that being said, we have to pick up this dump so she can clean it for us. D is feeding the baby and I wanted to get the (ADORABLE) pictures of Caroline in her sweater up before I forgot. Oh, and I took down our tree today and we have to finish packing up our Christmas stuff as well. And it's an hour and a half from my bedtime. So, time for me to get to work.

LATER! I think D has two days off this week, so maybe we can convince her to blog.

Oh, and big ups to the Chargers (Indiana bugs me) and the Giants (yes, BJ, I'm happy for your Gigantes, because my hatred for the Cowboys knows no bounds). Additionally, I'm hoping they steal Favre's walker and toss him up and down the field, but my gut tells me it's going to be tough to keep Green Bay at.... bay. But maybe a final trip to the big game will convince Favre to pack up and go (if being humiliated by the Bears twice this year didn't quite make that happen).

OK, now I'm gone. BYE!

(Oh, and since I probably won't blog again before then, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUGS!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

We blog at the same pace these days. Babies are a handful, huh? I'll call you guys this week. I miss talking to ya. Kiss to Caroline. Cheers, Amy

posted at 9:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faceplant in foot & a half of powder? Who are you Tony Montana?Seriously how was the snow?

posted at 5:47 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Very cute sweater!

posted at 8:20 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

I just hope the Giants play well...and then win in a blowout. Let me know when you reach the point of not cleaning your house for the cleaning lady. Took my mom a little while to really not worry about the cleaning lady's opinion.

posted at 12:21 PM

 
Blogger Pablo said...

keeping busy I see!

time to bring the HD cam onto the slopes! :)

posted at 9:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home