We're back!

So, we're back from a prolonged absence and Caroline's first trip to Denver, first trip on a plane, and first trip out of the country!

She was a total champ on the plane (both ways). The week before we left was a total whirlwind of work and preparations, and not the relaxing week off I had been planning for. Oh well. Go figure. The wedding was great (no pics from the ceremony itself. I suck, maybe Lauren will get her act together and put some pics online?), the reception was great, it was awesome to see everybody and run up other people's bar tabs.

We kept Caroline for a half day today and then enjoyed a nice lunch together before coming home and taking a two-hour nap. We're going to start C on solids this week (tonight?) so look for more pictures soon, but if you'd like to see some select ones from Cabo go ahead and click on my beautiful baby girl picture above.

I was gonna paint and work on the house but a day "off" of doing next to nothing has been pretty nice. I'm going to get some painting done tomorrow, though. Probably some sanding and prep tonight. Wednesday, Granimal gets here so this weekend I should be able to get some work done as well. Oh, and I think we brought the Cabo weather with us. It was nearly 50 degrees out today and a total bluebird day (as we often have).

Oh, and on our way home last night (we got in about 10:30) we stopped at Target in Silverthorne to buy a highchair. Yay!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Cabo looks beautiful!! Have fun with feeding Caroline solids...I can't wait to see the photos!

posted at 6:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Totally forgot that was this past weekend! Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Did you end up getting the waterproof enclosure?

posted at 10:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Caroline is so cute! Cabo looks awesome, looks like you had a great time!

Did you have to get Caroline a passport, or is it still just birth certificates for Mexico?

posted at 8:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark. I am an anonymous poster, and I am interested to see if you had any impact on the actual ceremony.
Did you sing a song?
Did you dance?
Did you walk to the wrong microphone and ruin the ceremony?

posted at 10:07 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Funny you should ask, anonymous (if that's who you really are). I *did* in fact walk to the wrong microphone. No, not to sing a song, but to say an Irish Blessing that I made up off the top of my head (it totally sounded legit - I didn't even throw in any boner jokes).

But the reason I walked to the wrong Mike is not, as some suspected, because the wedding planner motioned to the altar during the rehearsal. No! Rather - it was because I was bombed at the wedding. Totally lit. You see, my heart was breaking seeing my little cousin getting married. I almost wore my Lucha Libre mask, but was so drunk I forgot it in our room.

posted at 7:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home