So BIG!
I can hardly believe how big Caroline is getting. She's crawling now! Granted, not your full on hands and knees crawl, more army style using her arms and sorta kicking with her legs. But man, is it ever cute! She's also really starting to develop some badass separation anxiety--just flips out if I leave the room, where before she really didn't pay attention. So things, all in all, are much more challenging now then they were even a week ago. And Daddy has REALLY got to finish the stairs so we have a bannister and baby gate.

Poor Mark--he's been working his arse off lately, finishing up a big project for work before his deadline today. He was in the office pretty much all weekend, with the exception of Saturday night, was there until 1 in the morning yesterday, and still isn't home today. Gross. But at least this means he'll get to spend the 4th of July with us. Sounds like we'll take Caroline to the big parade downtown (in the bike trailer, of course) and then maybe do a family bike ride, and we're invited out to a friends for a small party. Should be fun. Except for the fact that I'm on call, which blows. Here's hoping other families are out having fun and not stressing over diaper rashes.

So I've been out mountain biking a couple times now, and man, am I BEAT UP! I borrowed my partner Sheila's bike for a while, and I'm having a good time with it, although a bit of a painful time at that. Just trying things out to see if I'll actually get use out of a new bike. I think we'll go for it, maybe at the end of the season when all the sales get revved up.

Hmmmm, what else? Getting excited for NYC, and Jos and TK's wedding. We leave next week, should be a fun trip, if a quick one. I think Mark keeps getting all pumped for doing this or that while we're in the city, but then realizes we're doing all of this with a 7 month old. She's pretty great toting around in the Baby Bjorn, but the kid does still need her two naps a day. It'll be interesting.

I'm going on a girls shopping trip to the outlet malls about 90 minutes from here tomorrow. I usually end up buying new clothes about twice a year, and since I can't wear my maternity stuff anymore and I'm still not quite fitting into my old stuff, I could use some new duds. But good lord, I do hate shopping.

Wow. The Kid must've been really tired--I put her down and she hasn't made a peep! There's usually at least a good 15-20 minutes of crying, and if I'm around, I'm usually in there at least one more time. Rock on.

OK, going to play some Jeopardy and then maybe finish off the rest of my thank you's from Princess Caroline's Tea Party. That was 6 weeks ago. I'm too busy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

What a GREAT photo of Caroline and your dad!!

posted at 7:17 PM

 
Blogger Dana said...

Thanks--it took about 20 shots to get a few good ones--I'm sure you know all about that!

posted at 7:18 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Mia still flips out if Jen leaves the room. Just wait until Caroline starts crawling at full speed, you'll never get away.

posted at 8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everybody seems so busy these days!! Crawling now, ehh??

Your mom sent me the pic of me and Caroline - its too cute! I'll have to scan it and post it.

Makes me laugh - digital to analog back to digital. Ann really needs to learn how to e-mail a pic! ;)

posted at 10:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home