All Kinds of Stuff
So Caroline loves mirrors and loves her Daddy, hence, the ultimate picture.

She has been absolutely adorable lately. It was a bit interesting--for a while there last week, she was pretty crabby--we couldn't really figure it out. Then one day, Mark noticed that she had a couple hairs wrapped really tightly around a couple of her toes. (No, it wasn't her own toe-hair, we'll see later if she inherited that from her mother). After remediating that situation, she's been back to her usual happy self.

Newest things--she now waves at everyone, which makes everyone smile at her, she just figured out clapping in the past few days, and tonight in the bathtub she started laughing hysterically when she realized she could splash water everywhere. It was awesome. I would have gotten the videocamera, but it would need the waterproof case as she was getting water all over the bathroom. She's just so interactive now, it's so much fun. She'll try to talk to you when you talk to her, she always will crawl right to you, and once she starts laughing, if you're laughing too, she'll just keep going. It's awesome.

OK, that's about it. Quick run down of recent events: Jim gets here Thursday (yea!). Iron Chef Challenge featuring Gina Wither and Mark Fitzgerald tomorrow, menu: pulled pork tamales. My soccer team has now won two games in a row. Record: 2-5. Signed our lives away at the bank, more in debt than I ever thought imaginable, but am officially a full owner in 2 separate businesses that will hopefully now allow me enough return on investment to go to part-time (read: no call) doctorin' when I'm 60. Uff-da. Miss Grey's Anatomy horribly. Craving tapas. Julie and Andrea are moving to Oklahoma. Next week. Signed up for Pediatric medical conference in Chicago last weekend in August, staying the following week, planning to not attend Dave and Keri's wedding hungover. My dad has surgery August 5th to remove (hopefully all) of his colon cancer. I think cancer sucks. Mark is working on the last 3 steps in our entryway as we speak, will hopefully have a bannister and baby gate up within the week. Bought a ton of supplies to paint and tile the laundry room while Jim is here. Lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks exercising more and drinking less (who knew?) No, not pregnant, but maybe soon????????

I'll leave you on that note. :)

ADDENDUM:
OK, maybe I won't leave you on that note. So here's the thing. I was looking for a run to do while I'm in Chicago because 1. I need something to train for 2. I miss running on the lakefront path and 3. I can always use another excuse to trash talk Hutch. I found this. I know a lot of you who read this blog knew Tim Butler, who passed away from lung cancer recently. Can't say I knew him well, but always enjoyed his company when we'd run into each other at parties, and he was an asset to our POS softball team back in the day (honestly, I don't remember ever winning a game). If anyone is interested in running with me, I think it's a nice way to remember him. If you didn't know him, then FYI--September 6th is my birthday, so it's a fun way to celebrate a bit with me before we rock it out at Dave and Keri's wedding. Either way, it will be a good day to celebrate life--however much we are given.

5 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

What's up, stream-of-consciousness?

Yes, I know I need to blog.

Also, thanks to Pablo for the picture that accompanies this post.

I swear I will blog! I swear it!

posted at 9:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna say! Thanks for the props for the pic - a link to the album is always appreciated! ;)

I'd love to do the Lung Run - you will kick my arse big time, and I'll have to watch myself during the rehearsal dinner!!

Didn't know about your Dad's cancer... I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

posted at 11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries, Pablo, the only arse I plan on kicking is Hutch's, but I'm sure I can do that with a last minute finish line sprint. :)

posted at 12:49 PM

 
Blogger Cap said...

seriously though, kicking Hutch's arse shouldn't take much work. You should set some higher goals.

posted at 9:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a baby and gained a bunch of weight. Hutch doesn't have NEARLY as good of an excuse.

posted at 10:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home