August

Well, here we are closing in on the end of August, so here I am with my monthly update.

Not much to say, really. The banister is ALMOST complete. I did a bunch of electrical work this weekend (including, but not limited to, installing our bedside wall lamps, which somehow make our bedroom look BIGGER).

Thursday, Dana and Caroline leave for Chicago, leaving me home to listen to loud movies (I installed those surround speakers I was going to sneak-install while Dana was out of town), play videogames, and drink myself to sleep every night (much like she will be doing, minus the movies and videogames, to be sure).

Right now, waiting for dinner to finish - chicken breasts in wine with mushrooms, thyme and garlic. Smells delish. Thanks, naked chef cookbook.

That's really all I got for ya.

Enjoying Braid on the 360 at the moment. I'm holding off on getting into Metal Gear Solid until the day sometime off in the future when we finally get an HDTV. But DirecTV is coming Friday to install our HD DVR and new dish (free!), so the day I HEAR our bonuses are coming in, that TV is getting ordered. I may not have the willpower to wait for a new receiver/amp - as I discovered late last night after digging behind the ceiling for surround sound cables I hid before we finished construction down there, the left surround channel on my old Yamaha (purchased used in 1995 or '96) doesn't work. I'm sure you care.

Caroline is awesome. Pulling herself up on furniture, cruising (a little) on the same, and generally being an adorable little pain in the butt. I want to go to the zoo with her and Dana when we're in Chicago.

And may I note, I can't believe Dave and Keri are about to get married (and am THRILLED about it), and feel terrible that I missed his bachelor party this weekend. Thank god Pablo is a twit. Or, is it.. has been tweeting? I'm not sure of the terminology.

Dinner is ready. Time to go!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture just made my heart explode.

posted at 5:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline is adorable as always!

Twittering is the correct terminology...

Was also updating Facebook while I was at it - when are you going to join Fitz?!

posted at 12:41 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, that photo is PRECIOUS!!!!

posted at 7:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home