Why I'm not blogging more often
Well, becuause I have a kid who requires my attention, you insensitive clod.

Also, because I have lots to do on the house still, and my parents coming for Thanksgiving/C's ONE-YEAR-FREAKING-BIRTHDAY is serving as a fine motivator.

In the last week or so, I have:
  • finished the latch for the baby gate

  • purchased and mounted our new TV (we finally upgraded, but no pics since the mount isn't *quite* level yet)

  • started to finish the flooring in the hallway, which was dependent on the table saw I got on my last trip to Home Despot

  • replaced switches and outlets all over the house (and fixing the flickering light in the kitcheng problem)

  • installed some shelves in C's room

  • re-organized and cleaned the garage

  • sold shit on Craigslist

  • et cetera

But it's the work D and I have on our lists in the next several weeks that will really make some noticable improvements:
  • Hook the monitor we WERE using as a TV back up to the computer

  • get that monitor working again (it won't, dangnabit)

  • finish cleaning and re-organizing the office

  • rake the damn lawn again

  • finish cleaning out the garage so we can get a car in there before we get another 40' of snow

  • make homemade deep-dish Chicago-style for election night

  • finish flooring the hall closets, at which point I will be DONE FOREVER WITH [installing] WOOD FLOORS

  • patch and paint the laundry room walls/ceiling

  • patch and re-paint the wall on which our new TV is hanging

  • teach Caroline algebra

  • finish with the switches and outlet wiring

  • install our double-doors in the bedroom and office, finally, for cripes sake

  • et cetera



And that doesn't even include watching football or election-night coverage!

Anyway, I was browsing through some old posts and once again realized how prolific we used to be. I guess babies just suck all the will out of you... We'll try to update more often.

Here's a funny picture for your troubles:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, you were a cute baby.

posted at 4:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some things never change, Honey.

posted at 8:48 PM

 
Blogger Hillary said...

So, will you share your Chicago style pizza recipe here? I've got a few different ways of making it but haven't gotten the crust perfect yet. If anyone knows the secret, I'm sure it's you.

posted at 10:16 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

dude! A table saw, I've been wanting one for 20 years and I just had to get rid of my radial arm saw instead of moving it.

posted at 6:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home