HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Today, Caroline turns one!

It's hard to believe she's already one.

Latest stats (I'm sure D will comment with added information):
6 teeth (four top, two bottom)
Favorite words: "Books" and "Doggie" (with little 'woof woof' sounds following)
Favorite parent: Dana, without a doubt. But I get some good hugs every now and then.
Signs: "All done" and "bye bye", which end up looking the same.
Loves to dance (which is more like bouncing up and down).
JUST figured out how to make her little leapfrog ("Lily") sing. This will get old quick.
Extra-special note for TK: Her third favorite thing to say is: "Boodgie-boodgie". We don't have her holding her ear and scratching yet, though.
Special note for Lauren and Roy: She now TRIES to say "Buzzy bee", but it ends up sounding like "Boodgie-boodgie". But she's trying! And she's been able to pull the cord and make it buzz for like three months now.
Basically sleeping 12 hours straight every night. Which is AWESOME.

My parents (grandpa/"paw-paw"? and "Granimal") are coming today for her birthday and an early Thanksgiving. We'll get video of her eating cake, which will probably be on Sunday. Our trusty Canon is finally dying, so hopefully Santa brings us a new point-and-shoot for XMas. Maybe next year if I'm good I'll ask for a DSLR finally.

It's going to be a pretty packed weekend with a snowshoe tomorrow, surely grandpa and me working on the house Saturday, birthday gathering/celebration Sunday, and "Thanksgiving" on Monday, but we'll try to get an update in...

7 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

Plus, a quick postscript: we had layoffs at work on Tuesday, and I totally dodged a bullet. 2/5ths of our team was let go, including a very capable friend with an eight year history at the company. They held on to me (presumably) because my knowledge is more broad but shallow, where his is more deep in one particular area, where we're halting development.
A lot of us are surprised that I was retained in lieu of him, including, I'm sure, my former coworker. I'm certain he doesn't read this, but I'll be having a toast to his future this weekend.

As a side note, I felt so lucky on Tuesday that I stopped on the way home to buy a lottery ticket. Unfortunately, my luck must have run out by the time of the drawing last night, for I didn't win. Sigh.

posted at 9:52 AM

 
Blogger JK said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!!

Mark, glad to hear you still have your job. Scary times right now.

posted at 10:23 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Caroline! Sara sends a besito :0)

posted at 10:39 AM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Happy First Birthday, Caroline! Have fun celebrating!!

posted at 12:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!!

posted at 8:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... my birthday wishes didn't seem to go through!!

Happy Birthday Caroline! Hope you enjoyed our message! ;)

posted at 1:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those are the big Caroline things as of late. We had a great time opening presents, and a bunch of people are coming over on Sunday, which should be fun! We're doing Thanksgiving tonight (Caroline LOVES stuffing!), and the house smells fantastic. kaythanxbye.

posted at 6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home