MRI (updated, again)
No update yet! But I have someone on the inside keeping an eye on things for me. When the radiologist has a reading of it, we'll let you know! (I'm not expecting anything earth-shattering).

Also, I asked for a CD on my way out. Here's a little screencap for your enjoyment.

The little dingus on top of my foot in the lower middle frame is a little tracking thing they taped on my foot for reference.

UPDATE: Apparently an "acute stress reaction", I've been told over the phone by my hospital spy. I'll post the text of the tech's diagnosis when I get it over email.

(basically, this means that it's behaving like a stress fracture when there is no actual stress fracture). My body is AMAZING. Maybe my Level 2 mutant power is to feel pain as if I've been injured when there is no actual injury.

UPDATE 2: Here's the complete text. Still haven't spoken to the doc yet, though.


EXAMINATION: MRI OF THE LEFT FOOT, 11/14/2008.

HISTORY: One month forefoot pain.

TECHNIQUE: Multisequence imaging techniques employed in the sagittal, axial and coronal planes.

FINDINGS: A vitamin E capsule is seen on the dorsum of the foot (dorsal to the third metatarsal). There is ill-defined marrow edema and cortical irregularity involving the base of the shaft of
the second and third metatarsals. The clearly defined fracture lines are not identified. There is no subluxation or overt disruption of the Lisfranc ligament. There are no fluid collections or
joint effusions. There is significant edema in the pericortical soft tissues along the proximal shaft of the second and third metatarsals.

No other significant abnormalities detected.

IMPRESSION: Ill-defined marrow edema proximal shaft second and third metatarsals associated with some cortical discontinuity along the lateral aspect of the second and medial aspect of the third
metatarsal. There is significant pericortical edema in the soft tissues around these two bones. The findings are most consistent with a stress reaction with no distinct fracture identified.

6 Comments:

Blogger lefitzgerald said...

roy has level 10 mutant power

posted at 2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures!

So what are your doctors going to do about it? At least it isn't anything super serious, but I am sure it's not fun.

posted at 3:21 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Dana thinks they'll put me in a boot for a couple weeks. Which probably means I'll miss opening day (two weeks from yesterday). Boo.

posted at 3:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool.

Have Dana modify your boarding boot! ;) Sucks that you will miss opening day - but better heal up to enjoy the rest of the season!! How is that snowfall anyway??

posted at 3:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once, when you were little, I hit you in the foot with a 14 inch gangly wrench. Behave yourself or you'll get more on the same!

posted at 5:15 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Actually, I wonder if this isn't all from the time you ran over my foot in the car, anonymous. We were leaving Arlington racetrack (what kind of parent?!) and I wasn't in the car yet. You backed up over my foot and when I started to yell, you stopped (still on my foot), turned around, and said "Are you serious??", and that's how I turned into the Joker.

posted at 7:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home