What, me post?
Here's a picture of Mark and me on Opening Day at Wrigley, me wearing sunglasses in a vain hope for some sunshine. I didn't get any. The game was delayed an hour or two, and had sheets of mist the whole time. I couldn't believe they played the whole 9 innings--Mark and I kept expecting them to call it after the 5th. We were completely drenched by the 4th inning, but thanks to a number of beers and seats THREE rows behind the Cubs dugout (thanks Jim!), the rain didn't seem to matter much. We had an absolute blast.

So yeah, our trip back to Chicago/Cincinnati was way good times, despite me having a nasty cold to start the week, and some nasty GI issues to finish it up. But Caroline got to meet both of her great-grandmothers, we had some good times with family and friends, and I even pounded out a 15 miler along the Ohio river. That's right. I'm so hard core.

So now we're still trying to get back into the swing of things at home--Mark's back to work for the first time in 2 weeks, and I'm getting slammed with one of my partners and our PA out on vacation this week. But we finally hired an office manager (with an MBA and everything!) who is going to start next week, which will make my life considerably easier. Woo-hoo!

Caroline is getting so big so fast--17 months old today! New words now almost daily, and way into defiance mode. Good thing she's so darn cute.

OK, my husband is requesting my presence for an after after now that the baby is put to bed. I'll blog more later. Can't say how much later.

2 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

Yeah, no more blogging for Dana last night. She was called to the hospital at around 9:45 for a c-section, got home about 12:30, then slept until about 2:30 when she was called for ANOTHER c-section (getting home about 5:00). Yuck.

posted at 8:59 AM

 
Anonymous Pablo said...

Yowzers! Thats a LONG night!

It was great seeing you guys!! Hopefully next time it'll be in your neck of the woods!

posted at 11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home