Weekend wrap-up
Well, after (finally) getting home on Friday at about 7:30, I walk out of the airport and there's D pulling up (right on time). I throw my stuff in the trunk, hop in, and we drive off to a Mex-Mex place that she had heard of from a med student she's been working with, called Pico's.
It was yummy, and I think on par with our so-far favorite Guadalajara, but I think Pico's takes the top spot because it's margaritas are better (and they have one called the "Horni" margarita).
After that, we headed home, watched a CSI (of course!), and went to sleep.
Saturday, I was going to either wake up with D to ride to her Houston Fit marathon clinic or go to the Gator Fest, but I realized that I hadn't gotten a full night's sleep in over a week so decided to sleep in instead. It was the right decision - I ended up sleeping until like 9:30 (an eternity for me).

When D got home we chilled and read the paper, then showered, got dressed, and.... what did we do for lunch? Oh - she had her leftovers from the night before..... no... Oh yeah - we went to Barnes and Noble so I could buy a book for my Cognitive Psychology class (it's more that more than Neuroscience) and hit up a sandwich place (which was awesome) for some grub. I had a shrimp-cake burger (think crabcake), and D had the club.
Barnes and Noble didn't have the book but called Bookstop (new favorite bookstore ever) down the street and had them hold it for me. I dropped off D at home (she needed a nap), bought the book, and two others, and came home.
Read for a bit, napped for a bit, and we both woke up. I got to work on my week-old pile of mail, then made some dinner for us. Me: Lean Cuisine. D: leftovers from Pico's. Dana won big time.
Then we had to leave for the Davis/Milby game, watched that, went to BW3's for some drinks/snacks (I was still hungry), and came home. D fell asleep while we were watching another CSI, and we went to sleep.
Yesterday we woke up at about 9:30, ate what little we had for breakfast (two frozen waffles - D doesn't shop while I'm out of town), and got showered and ready for the game. We were going to walk to the light rail station (it drops you off right at Reliant), but were running way behind, and with our on-the-field passes we'd have to be off the field by 11:30 - 30 minutes before game time.
So instead we drove to D's work, parked there, and caught the train. We made it to the field at about 11:10, and 20 minutes ended up being just the right amount of time. In time, I'll put our pics and video from the field online. Until then you can just suffer and stare in wonder at how cool we are.
Got upstairs, I had a "Texas Dog" (footlong hotdog), D had a normal dog, I got a diet Coke and water (she had a beer and a water, I was sweating like a lawyer in hell and in dire need of liquid, with no taste for beer in my mouth. I know - strange), and we found our seats.
For most of the first quarter we were baking in the sun (and D has the splotchy, "I missed a spot" sunburn to prove it), but after that the shade reached us and the seats were no longer skin-boilingly hot to the touch. The Texans suck. Just when I leave Chicago and it seems like the Bears actually have a team this year. Sigh.
Anyway, I have to get back to work but overall, a packed weekend. Class starts on Wednesday for me and I have to finish the book beforehand (RIGHT. only 540 pages to go!), so maybe not so much blogging before then. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home