Weekend ending with REAL Texans

Yes, pictured above you see Dana's and my cow[girl/boy] boots. I mean, we had to get some before we head to the rodeo later this week. Besides, Dana's were kind of my wedding present to her (not my fault! I couldn't buy them without her!).

To celebrate, we went to the Armadillo Palace right after we got them (here), though I'm now convinced that the Armadillo is nothing but a tourist trap. The good news is, we picked up a birthday gift for The Don while we were there. No details on that on the slim chance that he or Carol will check this blog before he receives the gift. Don will love it, Carol will... well, let's just say she won't love it. :)

Good weekend, though. Woke up WAY early on Saturday to go on the ride, then D and I grabbed some lunch (second lunch, for me), then headed out later that night for some sushi, where the bartender kept giving me free "samples" of drinks. We headed out for a cocktail after that and found our way home somehow. Sunday started out the same as the last several: I make breakfast while Dana plays videogames (she's an addict, what can I say?), then we headed to lunch as usual, then a nice walk through Rice.

I had commented during our walk how much I wish we could watch some baseball (it just felt like a baseball kind of day), and then noticed the lights on at the Rice baseball stadium (it was overcast and a little drizzly). So, we popped in to watch the game (we're going to try and make Tuesday's game against Texas, too). Came home for a pit stop, then headed straight out to Cavender's to get some boots. I think you're pretty well caught up after that.

Last week's picture "contest" seemed to be surprisingly popular, so I'll try to continue that this week, but we're looking kind of busy already. Tonight should be pretty calm, but we have maybe the baseball game Tuesday, then probably the Rodeo on Thursday, and then we're back at the weekend already.

And oh, yeah. I have to work in between there. Damn. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

The rodeo sounds like fun! I guess ya'll are true Texans...for now! Did you get the cowboy hat and big belt buckle too?

posted at 8:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dig the boots! Can't wait to see Rodeo pics! :)

posted at 11:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home