Snowy Steamboat September [Updated]

First snow of the year (not on the mountain)! Last day of September. We have a fire going and I just put some cider on the stove. Yum!

Yesterday (Saturday) I installed a new garage door opener. It was one of those jobs that, the first time you do it, it takes all day (I literally started at about 9:30 and finished at about 5:30 yesterday), but the second time would probably take half as long. Ah, well.

D and I went to Home Depot in Avon (Vail) Friday night and spent a fortune (it's virtually impossible not to when you live so far from there).

Purchased:
  • closet organizer for the baby,
  • new hardware for the kitchen cabinets (gone are the ceramic ugly drawer pulls, here are some cheap brushed nickel ones),
  • new garage door opener (see paragraph 2),
  • various stuff to get rid of the horrible ceiling texture in the nursery,
  • new bathroom hardware for the master bath (and bathroom cabinet thingy),
  • Coke Zero (it was really cheap there),
  • a grate for our wood stove (there wasn't one in there),
  • a handful of more ceiling lights to replace the ones in the nursery, guest room, and laundry, and
  • some random other stuff.
Overall, a good trip, but like I said: we spent way too much. Thanks to my p's for my birthday Home Depot gift card, which took care of a good portion of the purchases (let's say they bought the garage door opener and the baby closet).

Anyway, I also decided I want to write "Steamboat Springs" on here because Google doesn't associate our blog at all with Steamboat. Or with "Mark Fitzgerald". So hopefully this paragraph will help with that.

Later!

[UPDATE]:

Looks like that last paragraph worked!

5 Comments:

Blogger B.J. said...

Garage door openers are a pain. My dad and I put one up in the Dayton house and when we first turned it on it came up so fast it shook the entire garage. Only took us 3 hours because my dad has done it before and as you say, the next time it goes a lot faster.

posted at 7:41 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Yeah, part of the problem was also that our garage door is a little too tall (as is the track), so I actually had to cut a notch out of the door itself so it wouldn't smack into the top rail, and cut out some drywall in the ceiling to make room for the track as well. Other than that small pain, the rest went pretty much according to instructions (except, of course, where the instructions said: part not provided, and I had to run out and get some stuff).

Oh well. All in a day's work.

posted at 8:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keeping busy as usual! :)

Snow in September... wow, crazy! Is that unusual for Steamboat??

posted at 10:04 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Checking our archive from last September, it reminds me that there was a good slushy dump even earlier last year, while Dana and I were away at the Pi Kapp 10-year celebration. By the time we got back, the snow had melted down here but was still on the mountain.

My first "snow post" last year was on October 18th, after our pumpkin carving.

posted at 11:55 AM

 
Blogger JK said...

You are so lucky to have cooler weather, it's 80 degrees in Ohio.

I am anxiously awaiting new pics of the house!

posted at 4:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home