2005 Wrap-up, May-Aug


May 2005
An apartment-finding mission in Houston, followed shortly by pictures of our place.

Then, I got the semi-official word that I would be allowed to work from home while in Houston.

A nice 70-miler with Fas. Man, I need to get back on the bike.

Chronicles of fun with planning a move.

And wrap it all up with my bachelor party.



----------


June 2005

June was kind of a big month. 24-hour challenge followed by a little wedding and our move... So let's get right to it:

My first century (and first bonk) serve as a nice start to the busy month.

I'm noticing, as I review, that the posts this month come less frequently but are more lengthy (like this recap of the 24-hour challenge). Curious.

Then, skip a week (I was kind of in a frenzy of packing and trying to get married), and follow it up with some entries on our move down to Houston.



----------


July 2005
Our first (married) month in the (ahem) comfortable climes of TX.

We begin the entries this month with this one, detailing life in TX so far (and how fun unpacking is), then move straight on to our discovery of the best of TX culture.

My birthday + first ride in sweltering TX heat + 2 pitchers of Shiner = bad cellphone picture.

And BJ is outed.



----------


August 2005
Wrapping up this third of the year's recap brings us to August, another lovely temperate month in Houston, TX.

It looks like in August I was still managing to get some rides in (and have the opportunity to play with some new software), with all fitness quickly brought to a screeching halt - either due to the bike accident or this super-long blog post detailing it - I'm not sure what's to fault. But the good news is, I got a new bike out of it.

Also, our first visitors come and go.

Oh yeah. Then there was this little hurricane named Katrina...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home